ACK!  

Sunday, November 28, 2004
  American Fighting Forces Are Scary

This from Thomas P. M. Barnett's The Pentagon's New Map:

You want to know what makes our military so scary to the rest of the world? Our noncommissioned officers wield more combat power than every other nation's admirals and generals. When you fight Americans, you face the worst of all enemies: disciplined creativity.


Check out Barnett's web site. And read his book. I'm with him about 90-95%. Almost all of my reservations, I am sure, are simply rooted in my ignorance of the world that he knows - but I cannot get past some of his rhetoric. My ignorance is my own, and I just have to live with it until I can learn a little more.

UPDATE: For anyone who has read Barnett's book or heard him speak, I have a question. He posits the US Leviathan force as fighting individuals who seek to impose disconnectedness on significant populations. Just how far does this go? Can the Leviathan force avoid conflict with garden-variety criminal organizations in the end?


 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

ACK! Main Page
Contact ACK!

Federalism
Series

BlogRoll


Belmont Club
DailyRecycler
Diplomad
IMAO
INDC Journal
IowaHawk
Protein Wisdom
QandO
Volokh Conspiracy


ScrappleFace
The Onion


ARCHIVES
October 2004 /
November 2004 /
December 2004 /
January 2005 /


Powered by Blogger

Site Meter